It all starts with a call for help. Sometimes the call comes from a patient or family member; often it is from a trusted physician, a hospital case manager or the staff of an assisted living facility or nursing home. Regardless of who reaches out at any hour of the day or night, Samaritan honors the urgency of the request with a speedy response by knowledgeable and compassionate staff.
You and your family may look to us for assurance, expertise, comprehensive services –and for hope. Hope that we will help you maintain dignity and retain control in achieving your care goals. Hope that we will quickly control your pain and symptoms. Hope that we will empower you to find the spiritual healing and closure that brings peace. And most importantly, hope that we will offer you the resources you need to live every day of your life to its fullest. For hospice care truly is about living fully even as life is drawing to a close.
It all starts with a call for help – and a dedicated corps of specially trained, compassionate professionals and volunteers who stand ready to answer your call with comforting reassurance and expert care.
Mary Ann Boccolini
Samaritan Healthcare & Hospice formed in 1980 as the first hospice in South Jersey to care for patients and families coping with life-limiting illnesses. Originally named Hospice of Burlington County, the not-for-profit organization has grown to provide care throughout a five-county, 2,200 square mile service area through a diverse Family of Services.
Samaritan provides care wherever a person calls home, whether that be: their home, a family member’s home, an assisted living facility or nursing home. Hospice services include a team of healthcare professionals as well as medication and medical equipment for the hospice diagnosis delivered right to the door.
Samaritan at a Glance:
• Founded by grassroots volunteers in Moorestown, NJ in 1980
• Not-for-profit and non-sectarian serving all who need help
• Independent and community-based in Southern New Jersey
• Managed by a staff Leadership Team and a volunteer Board of Trustees
• Accredited by the Joint Commission - considered to be the highest standard of quality oversight in healthcare
• Licensed by the State of New Jersey
• Certified by Medicare and Medicaid
• Member of:
• Staff of over 300 employees includes full-time medical director and hospice physician who oversee our clinical staff
and work with patients' personal physician