In collaboration with
SPREAD OVER THEM A SHELTER OF PEACE
The Samaritan Jewish Hospice Program provides a special kind of care and support for all Jewish people living with serious illness when a cure is not possible. Our mission is to bring a Sukkat Shalom - a Shelter of Peace - to our patients and their families by providing comfort, dignity and quality of life. Our goal is to serve them in the spirit of Chesed Shel Emes, eternal loving and compassionate kindness.
The Samaritan Jewish Hospice Program was created in coordination with Samost Jewish Family and Children's Service of Southern New Jersey to ensure that no Jew is ever alone when facing serious illness.
The program offers a team approach to care with an emphasis on respect and sensitivity for Jewish traditions. This program responds to the needs of the whole person through physical, emotional and spiritual care for patients and families.
Rabbinic support is available from Rabbi Ilene Schneider, who serves on the Samaritan team to offer spiritual comfort and the beauty of Jewish traditions and rituals. Rabbi Schneider consults with clergy from local synagogues as requested.
WHAT WE OFFER
• Culturally sensitive hospice team including physician, nurse, social worker and home health aide
• 24/7 access to care and support tailored to patient and family goals for quality of life
• Medications, supplies and medical equipment
• Volunteer companionship and practical support
• Delivery of challah and grape juice for Shabbat by Samost Jewish Family & Children's Service volunteers
• Hospice services covered by Medicare, Medicaid, VA and commerical insurers